The first step is to schedule an initial consultation with one of our providers. Please have your insurance cards and your referral with you when you call for your appointment. If you have been referred for testing only, please also have your physician’s order handy when calling. To help make your first visit with us go as smoothly as possible, our courteous scheduling staff will collect all of your demographic information during your initial phone call, and our highly trained billing staff will verify your insurance coverage for you prior to your visit.
Your first consultation will last approximately 30-60 minutes, during which time the doctor or physician assistant will talk with you about your medical history and will perform a complete neurological examination. The provider will discuss with you their findings and impressions, and will outline a plan for treatment and/or possible further testing. Appointments for testing can last anywhere from 30-90 minutes depending on what testing your provider has requested. Our scheduling staff will help you understand what to expect during your visit.
To provide you with the best possible care and a more comprehensive initial consultation, we strongly encourage you to bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Completed new patient packet (can be downloaded here):
- New Patient Packet
- Any medical and surgical records related to your current problem
- A diary of your symptoms
- A list of your current medications with strengths and dosages
- Actual films of any MRIs or CT scans, if applicable to your current problem
- Your insurance card(s)
- Insurance referral from your primary care doctor, as required.
- Please read and sign our Office Policies Document